Wednesday, August 23, 2006

So, it's been awhile.

I've spent the last two weeks moving in, getting furniture, doing paperwork, bonding with my housemates, and sitting on my ass. School starts tomorrow, and I'm really, really excited about it. Classes I'm taking this semester: Modern Philosophy (Descartes, Leibnitz, Hobbes), Graduate Logic, and a seminar on Free Will. I'm also teaching assistant for an Intro to Logic class. The free will seminar is gonna rock. I'm planning to blow everyone away with my incredible intellect and my watertight theories... eventually.

My room, and the house, is all starting to come together. I have my bed laying close to the ground in one corner, my very full bookshelf on the opposite wall, my extremely comfortable recliner in the middle of the room. The best part is my computer, which is on a stool/table about 2 feet off the ground. I even got an awesome rolly chair with no legs, so I'm pretty much on the floor. It's weird, and I love it. Now I just need a nice fluffy rug, two flat boxes for my winter clothes, and I'm all set.

The house, and my housemates, are working out nicely too. We got a very nice sofa and loveseat for the living room, enclosing a little nook with the TV and gamecube and nintendo and stuff. Best part of the room, though, are these two pimp chairs we bought. They're like thrones, with high backs, deep polished wooden frames, little wings extending from the back, upholstered in deep blue velvet and backed with red embroidered satin. They're great.

Housemates are funny people. They're not quite the unattractive trolls I envisioned most graduate students to be, though they ARE really dirty. Dirty, like hippies. And God, I hate hippies. It only took us like two days before we were making jokes about my asianness and Holly's german naziness and Brian's incompetence. Even though they're white, and by definition not awesome like ninjas, I just think this might work out.

So, today, I'm gonna go get myself a bike, for travelling to and from class. And also books, because those are tasty with ketchup, much like small children. So, for now, toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home