Thursday, July 13, 2006

So all the cool people in the world have been playing Heroes of Might and Magic V recently. Specifically, I have.

So, anyway, I was on the last mission for the good campaign, and I have these huge groups of Paladins and Priests and Archangels, which are the top tier units. To get a sense of how many I have, you can get a maximum of 2 archangels per 7 game turns, and that's after building the right buildings (in this case a cathedral) and having the amount of resources. So I had something like 50 archangels, and a hundred Priests and Paladins, and I was feeling cocky. (A little like when I made a certain bet with Johnson...)

I waltz up to the opponent's base, and charge in without bothering to scout it out, certain of victory.

And I see that the opponent has 400 Pit Lords, which are the evil equivalent of my Archangels. 400 to my 50. They have 3000 Hell Hounds. 3. Frickin. Thousand. Another 1000 imps, 800 or so Nightmares. It was a massacre.



Moral of the story: Sometimes, even being Awesome can't save you from stupidity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's happened to all of us. At least, all us Heroes players. Speaking of Heroes, did you play 3 and 4? I own 3 and the expansion that they're superb. Recently I got a chance to look at 4 and it seemed like every aspect of the game was tremendously inferior to 3. The graphics, the cutscenes, the interface, everything. I'm wondering what happened.

~S

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home